Business Behind the Magic Tour
Dec. 3, 2019
7:15 a.m. – 2 p.m.
$300 per person with lunch
Available only for full-time conference attendees
No refunds available after Aug. 31, 2019
Must register by Nov. 19, 2019
Palm Ballroom Foyer at the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista
Please arrive at the Palm Ballroom at 7:15 a.m. Buses will begin loading outside the Palm Ballroom in the Foyer.
At the Walt Disney World® Resort
In addition to creating a magical environment for Guests from around the world, Walt and Roy Disney mastered the art of business. They determined that leadership, service and employee engagement were key concepts that, when considered holistically, would lead to maximum results. Not only have these time-tested core concepts helped establish Disney as one of the world’s leading brands, they have also helped thousands of organizations around the world think differently about how they can deliver the long-term results they are capable of delivering. This is your opportunity to engage experienced Disney professionals and observe key examples from a “living laboratory,” taking you on stage and behind the scenes to explore firsthand how Disney business insights and time-tested methodologies are operationalized to deliver a great customer experience. This learning tour features concepts and illustrations from the professional development courses offered by Disney Institute and shows how they come to life each day at the Walt Disney ® Resort for Cast Members and Guests. You will explore the following locations. Core Topics to be explored during the tour include:
- LEADERSHIP at FLO (Fourth Laundry Operation). Visit a state-of-the-art laundry facility, one of the largest in the world, to see how committed, responsible, inspiring leaders are able to motivate a team to achieve amazing results.
- EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT at Epcot® Cast Services. Experience the backstage area from a Cast Member perspective. See how the Walt Disney World® Resort creates a supportive environment for the Cast Members as they prepare to go on stage. Discover the important role backstage areas play in creating a caring environment.
- SERVICE at Main Street, U.S.A.® Take a stroll through this turn-of-the-century walkway inside the Magic Kingdom® Park to better understand how Disney strives to exceed the expectations of its Guests with people, place, and process.
- SERVICE AND EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT in The “Utilidor” System. Journey beneath the Magic Kingdom® Park to visit support systems designed to improve the experiences of Cast Members and Guests alike. Discover how Disney uses simple tools to engage and empower Cast Members to create lasting customer relationships that drive repeat business and customer loyalty.
After the tour, transportation will be provided back to the hotel for lunch and a time of focused discussion and application for our ministries.
Register for the Business Behind the Magic Tour.
Afternoon – Cohort by Core
- Directors (camp budgets of over $2 million)
- Directors (camp budgets of under $2 million)
- Marketing / Fund Development
- Guest Services
- Food Service
- Spouse / Families